View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 10:14 PM   #8
Nette
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali
i don't know what homies are but it kinda sound like the buddy list thingie, i think. i'm just guessing
No (at least if the buddy list is sth like you have it on messengers). It's a personal thread for each member in a separate section that is called "homes". And in there you can "talk" with someone to get to know them and to keep in touch (just what is written on the EF myspace). But it is WITHIN the forum (where imho it belongs) and not outside. Just sth to make members feel even more like a community.

For example I logged in to get to know people who also like DR music and to read news about it. The only sense I see in being a member here is to have a kind of community and exchange with the other members (and this not only about DR). Otherwise I don't have to log in as I can still read in here without being registered. But when I saw the link to the EF myspace it was like being asked to keep everything that doesn't belong to any of the existing threads outside. And this is what I don't understand.

It's strange to start a personal section as a newbie if there is nothing like that yet. But perhaps I'm just blessed from the other forum...?
Nette is offline   Reply With Quote