View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 06:47 PM   #14
marloes
Eskimo Regular

I'm always terrible at rehashing setlists, and to be honest my brain is still a bit fuzzy after the festival. But he opened with 9 Crimes, him on piano, and he ended with WLAM. In between that he also played Volcano, Cannonball, Delicate, Dogs, Me My Yoke and I, Coconut Skins, I Remember, The Blower's Daughter, not necessarily in that order and i might be forgetting some songs.

He played on friday, in the biggest tent of the festival (holds 18.000 pple, plus you can watch it from outside on screens as well
I was standing upfront (of course ) so i don't know if it's true, but apparently the tent was by no means filled to capacity.

He wasn't very talkative, but like I said, he seemed to loosen up after the guitar string broke.
The reviews I've seen are pretty bad. They say that his music works better in an intimate setting (which is true, but that doesn't mean it's not suited for a big crowd) and that Damien compensates too much for the loss of intimacy with big gestures and long intros and over the top climaxes. One critic even called him "pompous"
How very dare he

I really enjoyed the performance, however he didn't blow me away.

An unexpected surprise for me was Patrick Watson he played early afternoon on Sunday, and it was a real treat. hadn't heard of him before, but I'm definitely going to check him out.

Arcade Fire were brilliant, Tool was good, and I really enjoyed My Brightest Diamond.

More audio and video from the festival can be found here

click on Vrijdag voor friday's performances, Zaterdag voor Saturday's performances, and Zondag voor Sunday's performances
marloes is offline   Reply With Quote