Thread: I'm curious..
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2006, 03:42 AM   #2
Bumpman

Supposedly it was the way he recorded the songs, he's described both writing and performing the songs as being like either vomiting or going to the toilet. He says it because he believes them to be truly spontaneous acts when done well. When he was with Juniper they would make demo's and then record the songs professionally, and according to Damien the demo's would sound better then the studio versions because there was more heart in them. So recording both "O" and the second album has literally just been a case of waiting until recording a song feels right, setting up his little home studio that he carries around with him, and just recording himself as 'unprofessionally' as possible. As a result the songs on the album are gathered from a lot of different sessions and performances. Amie was the only one recorded in a big studio, Cheers Darlin' was recorded while he was drunk at three in the morning, Older Chests was done by just placing two microphones in top of his shoes and kneeling down to play, I Remember is actually two different performances stuck together. The whole thing is a fairly ramshackle affair... But that's what makes it so special I suppose. Also, nobody is going to get too upset with you for being new, so don't worry about asking questions eh?