Thread: Berlin
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2015, 07:55 AM   #21
Lys
Eskimo Regular

Loved this long encore:

Also find more on my channel. Really enjoyed this show. He was in fine voice, indeed quite chatty, but he only started to talk at the intro of trusty & true. For a while I was afraid it was going to be a Carré situation but he loosened up. Lots of clapping and singing along going on, but in a respectful way.
Loved to hear Long Long Way again!

We waited a while after but found out we missed him as he was getting out on the other side. So no after show...
When we arrived in my hotel he was already there with Miriam and we had a little chat with him. He said he really enjoyed the show and the venue, although he couldn't see a thing. But that he felt a lot of participation and energy and that made him really into it.
I asked him the difference with Copenhagen, because I felt he was very much into it there as well - extremely relaxed and talkative. He said it's such a gorgeous venue but the way it is designed almost is too nice...and people behave accordingly. So it's more draining for him there, lots of giving and hard to receive anything back from the audience.
After a little more talk he left to sit outside with Mariam and friend.

Later we saw some commotion going on on the other side of the street. People dancing and singing in a tunnel at the station. The we saw Damien coming from that direction. When he passed us inside the hotel later I asked what was going on there. He said, there was some guy singing.
Imagine if you're singing with your drunken face with your friends and suddenly are joined by Damien. LOL. Must have been a great moment for them.