View Single Post
Old 06-28-2007, 07:19 PM   #105
Nine
Inuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamlet
Strong, very well reasoned out argument you have there.

"The Professor" is just about as good as songwriting ever gets. Brilliant, thought provoking and witty lyrics, musical complexity, catchy as all get out and yet all of that is offset by deeply felt longing due to a self-knowledge that has tragically come too late.

I doubt you could even tell me what exactly half of the lyrics of WLAM mean.
Whilst I agree that The Professor is incredible - I do think your post was a little patronising, i too read her post as a bit of a joke... Also, Professor isn't that musically complex as you say... perhaps melodically and structurally, but accompaniment-wise it really isn't very complex at all.

Also, I doubt any of us could tell you what half of the lyrics to almost all of Damien's songs mean. He's not particularly open in a specific sense, and his lyrics are very much open to interpretation a lot of the time. He doesn't even know what half of them mean. (Obviously I don't mean in a literal sense and I'm sure you don't either) But I don't think your comment was fair.