View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 07:05 AM   #1
1mug
Eskimo Friend

Default Greek Theatre - LA! Let's talk about it!

Ok, so this show really REALLY blew me away. He was so great, he told so many stories, and his repertoire was spot on - (insane, older chests, i remember / bang bang, cross eyed bear, acoustic cannonball, as well as all the necessary ones). but what really, truly impressed me was the different way he played these songs.

he opened with this eerie piano noise, that transitioned perfectly into rootless tree. some other highlights included volcano, with a jungle-like drum beat, and a normal piano-based 9 crimes that transitioned into a rockin one (kind of like the one played at the orpheum, last year), and amie (complete with spaceship story and whirring spaceship like effects at the end.)

This was my third Damien show, so i guess you could say i'm a relatively seasoned veteran of his concerts. The first one being the infamous El Rey show, which completely changed the way I look at live music.

But this one was so professional, and the stage was overflowing with talent (no offense to tomo, but brendan can definately hold his own).

anyway, i just wanted to start this one off. if there's anything specific anyone wants to know, i'm sure that myself or someone else can field your question. I would try to write the setlist out, but i can't really remember the order of everything.
1mug is offline   Reply With Quote