View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 05:57 PM   #8
CSL
didactic destiny schemer

This was my fifth show and probably my favorite. (seeing him in Ireland was a lifetime highlight for me, but the show itself this time was so perfect).

I brought my friend who, before last week, didn't know any of his music. I made her a mix CD with songs I was sure she would hear... I was surprised (and delighted) that the first five songs he played were not on her CD!

That was the second time I'd heard Cross-Eyed Bear, but was stoked to hear it again. Insane was such a treat... even though I was kind of expecting it (Borneoman had heard it at the sound check, along with What This Night Is For, which I would've flipped over, but he ended up not playing it)

The Professor/La Fille Danse was a highlight for me, too. He had a nice extension to it I hadn't heard before. First time I ever saw him live, that was the first song he played... I'll never forget it!!

Childish was fun to hear, too... and I had actually never heard Amie live, which was great (LOVED the "spaceship")... and I believe it was in Amie (or was it Me, My Yoke and I?) that he bent over and started messing with his pedal effects to the point of reverb brilliance... very cool moment.

Of course, The Cannonball unplugged moment was unforgettable... and probably my favorite song of the night was Elephant... it was what I wanted to hear the most at the last show and he didn't play it, and he NAILED it last night!!

In the beginning of the show, probably the first six or seven songs, he didn't say a word to the audience, so I thought it was going to be one of "those" shows... it turned out to be quite the opposite. He was FULL of stories in the second half!!

I feel like I could go on and on with positives.... I was SHOCKED that the audience didn't sing along to Blower's Daughter! I thought that was pretty much a standard nowadays! I guess LA is a bit more calloused...

This was my third time seeing his Cheers Darlin' routine: it was very different this time, though. He was much more into the "acting" end of it... like he was writing the lyrics as he sung it... it was precious!!! Oh yeah, and the last thing he said as he exited the stage was "F*** THAT BITCH!!" Hahahaha.... good times.

One more thing... the moment where he aborted Accidental Babies and decided to jump into Me, My Yoke and I was so awesome... and when he stopped in the beginning of Coconut Skins to tune his guitar?? I live for that kind of stuff!!

All in all, it was just a great night.... I am so grateful that I could be there and bring one of my best friends to enjoy it with me..... great to meet more Eskimo Friends, too!!!

Have a great weekend, everyone! I'm going to see Muse tonight!!
CSL is offline   Reply With Quote