View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 07:01 PM   #12
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

Just have 1 minute to comment. I'm still in shock that he played INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He must have been reading the forum And some of us managed to hear it not once but THREE TIMES, cos we were there during the soundcheck and he did it twice!! I've been to the Greek before and it's worth going early in order to hear the soundcheck. It's an open venue with amazing acoustics so you can hear it all perfect from outside, and you can even see if you climb to the hill. Those neighbours must be lucky!!

When he soundchecked I almost died!!!! When I heard those first chord and 'Should I speak' I think I started shaking

And it was the best version of Insane ever, started with Damien solo, then Vyv joined in, then the full band, and then it had an amazing outro in which the cello was the main instrument with all the other instrument playing around it!!!!!

The soundcheck was:
Volcano
Yoke
What this night is for (which he later did not play but I think I can count it)
Elephant bridge x2
Insane x2

The setlist:
1 Rootless tree (first half rhodes/second half piano)
2 Older chests
3 Cross eyed bear (so so so beautiful, goosebumps)
4 Insane (beyond words)
5 Elephant
6 Accidental babies (aborted)
7 Yoke
8 Never leave you (Vyv)
9 I remember/bang bang
10 Delicate
11 Volcano
12 Childish
13 The professor (with 3rd verse Ouvrir les seines!!!)
14 Amie
15 Coconut skins>Jam
16 Woman like a man
17 Cannonball (unplugged)
------
encore
18 9 crimes
19 The blower's daughter
20 Cheers darlin

I think the show was amazing, the setlist was great, Insane-biased of course, but also got Childish, Cross eyed bear, Amie, I remember/bang bang, Elephant...

Damien was a bit weird, like someone with double personality. During the first part of the show he was like down, and not there at all, like zero into it, he even aborted Acc babies, but still very very professional. But he didn't say a single word during the first 11 songs, not even thank you, nada... It's not that he was angry or intense, jut not into it, but still the sequence of Cross eyed bear>Insane>Elephant was beyond words!!!!!!

and then suddenly after Volcano he changed completely and started to tell the craziest stories, well, the usual ones but with lots of added details and for Childish, The professor, Amie, Coconuts and Cheers D we got like 5 minute-long stories and brilliant kinda-cheerful performances. Must have drunk/taken something during Vyv's break me thinks...

the change of moods was a bit weird but I thought it was an amazing amazing show. Maybe not the best but getting Insane does it really for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Had to go to 10 shows to finally get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lindsay, told you you had to fly to LA to get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and Three Times in a day is even crazier!!!!!!!!!!!

We'll come back later with more details