View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 08:48 PM   #89
GlttrGrrl
Eskimo Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario_d
They created a fan club organization which distributes tickets on its own. You pay membership dues and one of the aspects of membership is that you can request tickets to concerts.

However, you can only request like two shows per tour, for one pair of seats, and your tickets get willcalled and only you can pick them up on the day of the show.

Basically, if you want to go to one show a tour, in your hometown, it's cool. If you want to go to multiple shows and be able to trade tickets, it sucks.
Actually, they've been doing something like that from the beginning. My first PJ show in 1991, they just put me on the list and I couldn't sell the tickets and the fan club was free. As they got bigger, they started charging, but kept it relatively cheap. Even now it's only $20 a year. Fans always had first dibs on tickets. They've tinkered with the system over time. This last go around, fans could go to as many shows as they wanted, although I don't see the problem with them limiting the good fan club seats to once per tour leg. I saw them multiple times this last tour, and was never farther back than 10th row, and was always able to give or sell my extra ticket to another fan.