Thread: Üdv!
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2007, 09:26 PM   #1
Rai
Eskimontologist

Default Üdv!

Hello

I've been reading this forum since some time now, but only got the idea to join yesterday, so here I am, probably the first member from the small, strange country named Hungary, where I've been converting people (mostly my friends) to the music of Mr. Rice with considerable success.

My first encounter was with the song Volcano, in 2004. I was in Ireland, and got hold of a cd+dvd set called Contemporary Irish Music and Film. At first, I didn't really care about the song, but after some time it grew on me (I noticed that all of Damien's music needs some time to settle). After, I looked at the videos on the official site, and fell in love with the French part of The Professor, got hold of O and now I'm here.

I don't consider myself a die-hard fan (I'm simply not that kind of person who can get overwhelmingly fanatical about musicians), Damien is not the centre figure in my life, but his music still has a considerable inspirational influence on me (just recently Coconut Skins made me do something that could have turned out to be rather regrettable), and I consider him, and his little crew the most talented bunch of people I have ever seen in one group. To quote Seamus Heaney from the cover of the Contemporary Irish... cd, "Sheer bloody genious", these are the best words for my feeling towards them.

One more thing: anyone going to the Munich gig?

(hmm.. c'était une rather lenghty introduction...)

"If you find you've got a dragon charging at you at thirty miles per hour snapping its teeth you can always drive it defensively through the covers"
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote