View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 07:47 PM   #3
tritonn
Eskimo Baby

Fool was also played in Bordeaux, and although i only heard it once, it clearly has the feel of a classic already.
Damien sang it interlaced with one line of "Ne me quitte pas" as well as with lyrics from Nancy Sinatra's "Bang Bang (my baby shot me down)" .
The show opened with "Me, my yoke + I" segued into "Rootless tree" and truly rocked, mainly centered around songs of "9" (all but Dogs and Sleep don't weep), with few songs from "o" (just 3 by my count), a frustratingly rather short set, due to a stupid 10.30pm curfew , which meant Damien had to stop the show after hardly one and half an hour and a 2-song only encore of Woman like a man and The Blower's Daughter.

That was the only disappointment, due to the change of venue from a cosey theater to this larger hall. Now I argued with someone from the management who replied that it was not their fault if the artist came on stage 30 minutes late but then again with such a ridiculously early deadline, they should stick to staging bingo nights, not concerts.

My very own and final thought about this :
Bordeaux may well be renowned for its "Grands Vins" but it apparently also has some bourgeois "pisse-vinaigre" (pardon my french for something like "party poopers") : let'em sleep in peace!
Or should we?
tritonn is offline   Reply With Quote