View Single Post
Old 09-30-2003, 12:54 PM   #40
Scon
Eskimo Regular

Mario, now that you mention the whole cdcover/inset thing, it reminded me of something I noticed about trading here. In the US, people tend to have stacks of shows in slim plastic or paper sleeves (or else in zipped holders), no cover art or anything.
I've noticed with trading here though, that many people tend to 'name' a show and make cover art for it to be used for a jewel case. I don't think anyone can see any harm in this, but it's not for me.. I've too many live shows to keep in thick jewel cases (though not nearly as many as some others).

Anyways, a suggestion relating to the FTP. A damien trading page perhaps? A site that could be pointed to for the purpose of setlist archives, links an usage instructions for the ftp (including links to SHN converting software, EAC, SmartFTP, free CD burning tools etc.), a run down on trading, pro's and cons of each area. Basically this entire thread in helpful, and everything else that comes to mind in readable English for people who don't know where to start. I think a setlist/recording info archive would benefit everyone.
I'm prepared to give it a go if anyone else wants it. I think it's the sort of thing that will grow quickly over time by input from the whole Ricey fanbase here.
Scon is offline   Reply With Quote