View Single Post
Old 12-06-2002, 10:27 AM   #5
*Meg
Eskimo Baby

Damien is pure... I couldn't agree with you more. Having seen him live on numerous occasions, you can't help but feel you are a part of something special.

DG ... maybe more people shouldlisten to his early works, for examplethe albumACentury Ends and Flesh- the song Dabauchery amongest others, is still one of the most raw, soulful and pure songs I know. (Rice aside)

Their styles are different - both unique wonderful. Grays latest album is his 7th, many people know only White Ladder, but he too started with just a guitar and his lyrics - similar to Damien. If someone does well, and finally finally after years of struggling, makes it - why be cynical and call them a pop star knock back - when they have worked so hard to make a buck. Well I guess you could call it - selling out to the masses (ref. album SellSell Sell)or you could just go with - survival.

I wish Damien all the best, and if he too becomes more popular I will congratulate him, not slander him

Check out David Gray EP's as well - the track, 'The Rice' (coincidence only) is another great!
*Meg is offline   Reply With Quote