View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 11:07 PM   #788
Yetzirah
Eskimissima

oh, lovely! i'm just dreaming of summer here right now - it's just so cold... brrrrrr... all those layers! it just takes so long to put them on and off all the time...

anyway - my big smile for today only got bigger! as i already wrote in the random thread a dream came true for me today: i found a j.s. bach collection with all the pieces he ever wrote, including 157 cd's (i guess i remember right), 2 dvd's and one dvd-rom containing all the scores! which means several thousand pages! and he's been my favourite composer ever since i was little (4y). and it was even affordable for everything that it contains! so, i was over the moon when i found that, almost cried when i saw it, etc.
BUT what made me smile more was when my husband came home because i discovered a cd i thought he might like as he loves rachmaninov, played some pieces himself. and when he was at school he got a tape of rachmaninov playing rachmaninov, the 2nd and the 3rd piano concert. then he borrowed it to a girl and never got it back. so he tried to find it (more or less actively, but still). so i showed it to him, saying that i hope that he doesn't have it already and he just sat there (thankfully) unable to move. and when he'd collected himself again he told me that he'd been looking for this recording for over a decade. and this made me smile even more