View Single Post
Old 08-31-2006, 04:10 PM   #20
PenguinBoy
Appreciative Minion

Damiens a romantic, he thrives on it, he's a bit prone to melancholly too. Depression has got so many meanings that make it almost impossible to define him as depressed.

Depressed means "really sad", and clinically depressed means ur so sad that without clinical help u can't maintain ur everyday life.

As far as i'm aware, he's done quite well to pluck himself up, to complete an album, tour the world, travel, campagn... all that without clinical help.

So all though he's probably sad sometimes, he's not CLINICALLY depressed. He definately suffers when he can't control relationships, but luckilly for him he's got a way to express it via his songs.

If you really want to relate to damien, by him being depressed... if thats what you think could give you confort. Rethink... you allready HAVE related to him by listening to his music. By the fact that u let his music reflect you, you're relating to him. And in that way he can be your little psychological friend without the confirmation of "ah yes he is clinically depressed, just like meee huraaah".

Just cos someone's happy in public, doesn't mean they are in private... so i think that's a mistake easilly made.

I thought we weren't supposed to talk about damien's personal life?