View Single Post
Old 10-10-2014, 08:05 PM   #4
signalfire
Eskimo Regular

I'm a tiny bit obsessed myself. I'd downloaded his first EP back when it was free on Bandcamp, and I saw that he was playing a show here in New York for $10 in March. I figured what the hell and went. I was blown away! I've been preaching the gospel ever since.

His mother is part of an art collective that is putting on an exhibition in Brooklyn right now, so last night they had an opening party. Hozier said he'd be playing, so I decided what the hell, free art. All of the work was incredible, and getting to see the album cover up close as a painting blew my mind. I figured it was mixed media, but no, it's all oil paint! Talent clearly runs in the family.

They only had one microphone that wouldn't adjust well enough (he is so. tall.), so he just had everyone gather around while he did "In a Week" unplugged with Alana Henderson. I was front and center, sitting about six inches from him. Surreal. Then everyone was so hooked that he did "Take Me to Church" as well. It was an incredible, special night.
signalfire is offline   Reply With Quote