View Single Post
Old 04-25-2004, 09:00 AM   #1
jwelsh
Eskimo Friend

I thought for sure that someone would beat me to posting a setlist since we had to drive from Cleveland to Pittsburgh - but it doesn't look like it, so here goes . . .

Quite an amazing show tonight in Cleveland. As much as Pittsburgh was pure and crisp, tonight's show was experimental and off the cuff. And I should not forget rawkin'. Butlet me first just get to the setlist.

The Odeon, Cleveland, Ohio

The Frames

One Set:
Keepsake, What Happens When the Heart Just Stops*, God Bless Mom**, Fake$, Star Star$$

Notes:
* with a brief pause so Glen could address monitor troubles; with Caravan (Morrison)
** with Hard Knock Life
$ with Ring of Fire
$$ with World of Pure Imagination

Damien Rice

One Set:
Tongue^, Insane, Delicate, Rootless Tree^, Face, Amie, Couldn't Love You More^^, I remember, Blower's Daughter*, Prague^, Volcano, Volcano reprise > reggae jam** > reggae Volcano** > improv**

Encore:
Cannonball*, Coldwater$ > Eskimo$$, Red Cord&

Notes:
^ Lisa on keyboard
^^ just Lisa and Viv
* Lisa on electric guitar
** Damien started Volcano back up again after applause; the Volcano quickly morphed into a reggae jam with what seemed like improvised lyrics about Cleveland; Viv moved to keys, and Damien moved to cello; Damien started to sing Volcano again in a reggae style into the cello, using its pick-ups, and Viv responded with some thoughts on how Damien was abusing her cello; Viv started playing Damien's guitar, and Damien soon moved back to his mike to sing some more (improvised) lyrics "Baby baby come on!"
$ with Viv on keys
$$ with Colm from The Frames on violin
& with Glen from The Frames on lead vocals and guitar, along with Colm on violin and The Frames' drummer on djembe; with Last Goodbye (Buckley) and Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (U2)

I will try to post a bit more of a review after I have rested some. Let's just say the first seven songs were the hardest I have ever seen Damien play; the John Martyn song was a well-needed breather for everyone involved. Then the Amie and I Remember were just huge . . .

(Doug, nice to meet you!)Edited by: jwelsh

I call architecture frozen music.

- J.W. Goethe
jwelsh is offline   Reply With Quote