View Single Post
Old 09-15-2006, 12:29 AM   #45
Bumpman

Quote:
Originally Posted by administrator
but it's warner brothers... don't they always release their big acts at the same time around the world?
That they do, but in Damien's case it's somewhat irrelevant, because his national distribution is the only territory that Time/Warner specifically don't have control over, to the best of my knowledge that gem is still under DRM's thumb. I'm sure the international release will be quite a well managed affair, but it won't be handled by the same people who'll be handling the Irish release, whether or not that means a synchronised woldwide release I don't know. But what it does mean is that DRM have an entirely seperate level of control to Time/Warner in Irish distribution. A lot of artists have similar deals, it's happened before with people like The Frames, Josh Ritter and Bell X1, obviously their differing levels of international popularity puts them at odds with Damien, but I guess at the end of the day it is a business thing.

Eskimo's outside Ireland shouldn't have to worry about it though, Road Records will surely be posting out copies of the album two days before it's Irish release. They've always done it that way in the past, so for anyone stateside, that'll be the fastest way to get your hands on a copy.