View Single Post
Old 06-03-2015, 11:04 PM   #3
cookienator
Eskimo Friend

I think that's the beauty of his music. The more you listen to it, the more you understand and relate to it. I remember when I first heard his album I didn't care for Long Long Way or Trusty and True that much, but now after listening to them a bagillion times, I can really feel his emotion and his struggle to understand life. And that in turn makes me think about my own and how real everything he's singing about is. I know a lot of people said this whole album was about Lisa, but I don't agree. I think she influenced it for sure, but to me every song is about himself and his own self-discovery, which makes it even more powerful. Every song on that album is a masterpiece because of it's honesty, it's just a matter of how long it takes you to feel it.

And I agree that it's the right step for him, not because of the miniscule amount we know of his baggage, but because he is an individual trying to figure out his life like the rest of us. And by creating an album about that, it shows his growth and maturity as an artist and a person. I can't wait to hear more.
cookienator is offline   Reply With Quote