View Single Post
Old 04-14-2015, 11:59 PM   #41
madhat181
Uber Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia_A View Post
After 12 long years of being his biggest fan (wait, we're all his biggest fans here, right?!!!)..., I finally had the opportunity to meet Damien after the 4/3 Lincoln Theater/DC show. O M G !

Here's how it went down... My husband was supposed to go with me but something came up and I took a girlfriend instead. Well, she suggested we head around to the back of the theater after the show to see if his tour bus was there. It was! We decided to wait it out and see what happened. At best, I was hopeful for a wave from across the parking lot as he hopped on the bus. By this time a few more people had gathered to wait, it was about 7 of us.

What happened next is something I've only dreamed about.

We saw him exit the building and I called out to him. He turned and without hesitation walked over to the gate and into the alley where we had been waiting for 2 hours to see him. I hugged him and he chatted with us for about 10 minutes and then off he went. The funny thing is that I couldn't speak at first. It was like this amazing moment was not really happening. I couldn't wrap my mind around it. Fortunately, my friend spoke up for me telling him how big a fan I am and how much I loved his music. He kept looking at me as if he knew how his presence was affecting me. I did manage to ask him if it was actually him posting from his Instagram account and he said no, he has someone do that for him. He also mentioned that he was halfway through a new album.

He was friendly and kind and everything I hoped he would be. It was magical and I will never forget it.

The best part is that I have pictures...

Great first post Tricia! Damien sure loves that hat!
madhat181 is offline   Reply With Quote