Thread: LA Set List!
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2014, 05:33 AM   #92
ufgatorphil
Eskimo Baby

Default Secret Show in L.A.

First time posting on here, long time reader/lurker, but had such an amazing thing happen that I felt like I should share:

So I just got home from seeing the secret show in Los Angeles! It was at The Village Recorder, a recording studio in West L.A. They were definitely recording the session (audio and video). Damien even commented about having to wear headphones and how awkward it was, but it was for the session. They asked that nobody record any video or pictures, but I know someone who recorded all of the audio anyway.
He only did 6 songs (he apologized for it being short, but insinuated it had been a busy/rough day). 5 of them were new songs, the only one that wasn't new was "Rootless Tree", and he only played that one because there was a piano in the room. Since he wasn't comfortable with playing any of the new stuff on the piano yet, and didn't want the piano to go unused.
The Setlist was:

I Don't Want to Change You
Colour Me In
The Box
Rootless Tree
Trusty and True
The Greatest Bastard

Although short and sweet, it was amazing to be 5 feet away from Damien in a room with roughly 30 people listening to a lot of new stuff that wasn't so familiar yet (I hadn't even heard "Colour Me In" before today). I feel really blessed that what I wrote was deemed good enough to get chosen to be there. Between last night then today, it was an embarrassment of riches after never getting to see him live before.
ufgatorphil is offline   Reply With Quote