Thread: BBC Gig
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2004, 09:21 AM   #6
mari
Eskimo Regular

Well, at last I have seen Damien live... still can't believe I was there. Although I have been feeling really poorly recently, I'm so glad I managed to make it to st Luke's, Old Street. What a fantastic venue!

My sister and I sat with two other lovely peopleround a small table lit with candles second row from the front. They may have been eskimos friends too, who knows? (One was a student at Sheffield University, but both from Liverpool). I wrote down all the tracks that Damien played because I have such a bad memory.

Yes, Felix there was one track I didn't recognise at all. I jotted down the title 'Baby Sister', although I have no idea what the track was called.

The band were fantastic, especially Damien, of course. My only regret of the evening is that, while I was standing outside before the show, Damien walked past me, he looked up and smiled at me, but I was just too shy to speak to him, I even had a camera with me, but I thought I wouldhave another opportunity to take photos later, but, of course there wasn't, becauseit was all being filmed, noflash photography, of course.[img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img] What a wasted opportunity!

(Sarah, I know exactly how you feel, now after your encounter in Barcelona).

Anyway, I have a feeling there were other eskimos near me, but I can't be sure, I think I recognised someone from a photo that I've seen posted on the pics only thread. (very pretty girl, small, long, dark hair).

Damien commented on how quiet the audience was, I think we were all just so wrapped up in the beauty of his music. At one point during 'I remember' Lisa started coughing, so had to stop and Damien played Insane, then they re-did 'I remember', Lisa whispered something in Damien's ear and he smiled and said to the audience 'I know something you don't know!' But he never shared whatever she told him with us!

It was such a wonderful evening. Because I have had such a sad and heartbreaking week, I hadn't even been looking forward to saturday, wasn't even sure I would be well enough to go, and at the back of my mind I suppose I was afraid I would get to the door and be told that my name wasn't on the guest list after all, and I would have to go home... How wrong I was. Thank you Damien and co. for ending mynightmare week in such a wonderful way.Edited by: mari