Thread: Red rocks!!
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2015, 08:53 AM   #35
Circa1992
Eskimo Regular

Gorgeous venue and powerful performance! Unfortunately, a very short set (not exactly in order): MFFF, Elephant, Delicate, 9 Crimes, Professor, Older Chests, Colour Me In, Trusty and True, Volcano, It Takes A Lot..., Greatest Bastard, and Blower's Daughter w/snippet of Creep. Perhaps somebody else that was there has a better memory than I. Anyway, earlier in the day a few of us found a great spot for a potential aftershow. So when we finally saw him afterward, I told him how much I enjoyed the show and the incredible venue. I asked if he would consider doing an aftershow since I had heard he did some amazing ones in Europe. He looked like he was considering it, but he also looked tired. So I felt really bad and apologized for being selfish and wanting more when he already gave us such a great show. Then he walked over to where other people were waiting for him and I was like "Oh well, it was worth a try." But I think Mike also said something, and then Nancy told him we found a great spot. So he got his guitar and we brought him around the corner to our perfect aftershow area...but they had apparently watered the grass during the concert, so the ground was soaking wet! Then we went into the corner by a building on some pavement and he proceeded to play Stoic then Mustard Seeds 3 feet away from me! Both, incredible songs! He was extremely jet-lagged and could barely speak at this point, so we thanked him for being so generous with his time. What a great night, shared with some super cool people (friends old and new)!
Circa1992 is offline   Reply With Quote