View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 02:19 AM   #55
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali
it seems that without the monks behind the protests, the repression would be much worse. it's so horrible
it is horrible.. it's on the news now but a few days before it escalated i was telling everyone i knew about it even though they had no idea about burma, and how i was afraid of bloodshed.. now they think i'm psychic. i would rather have been wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by northberwick
I don't like to enter into these debates but this raises an interesting question. What are some of the Eskimo solutions to this problem? I think we all agree that sanctions will do little to nothing and that the peaceful marches seem to be headed towards riots/imprisonment, so what does that leave us? And more specifically, what should the U.S. do about it, since we will be looked upon to provide some type of resolution. If the U.S. does nothing, peaceful protesters will most likely continue to be killed but if we come in with force, we will be scorned for creating more violence. It seems like such a Catch-22.
damned if you do, damned if you don't.

excellent question but i don't know what the solution would be.. i feel helpless against something like this, because as someone pointed out, these are not reasonable people in power there, they're madmen. other than force i'm not sure what would have an impact on them if their own religious beliefs and holy men don't.

Last edited by SisterMidnight; 09-28-2007 at 03:57 AM.
SisterMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote