View Single Post
Old 02-04-2007, 10:37 AM   #1
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

Default The lyrics to Lisa's Hiro song (Train)

Sorry but please don't PM me asking for it. I only have the unmixed/untracked version of the show thus far and promised my pal the taper not to share it. It sounds f*ckin' phenomenal though and I just wrote a ton more about the tape in the trading section if you'd like to check that thread for details.

This is also how I described this song over there:

I can't say enough about how wonderfully unique it is. It's like all 3 of her Sligo tunes rolled up into one! Picture a slinky, gentle, lazy, smoky Norah Jones type vibe to the vocal mixed with the perky quirkiness of a Suzanne Vega/Regina Spektor/Jill Sobule/Nelly McKaye playful bounce; complete with (Tomo) whistling which is the closest thing we ever get to a refrain.

'K, now that you have such a clear sense of its tone...

btw, since Lisa's lyrics are in many ways as literarily as sophisticated as Damo's this one just truly begs for my e.e .cummings treatment (a la the succinct haiku feel of "C,M,SD" which I got very positive feedback from for doing it that way so i hope you like it here too) due to her deliberately shortened phrasing, the use of resonating parallel phrases with equal emphasis through tasteful alliteration and the dearth of lyrics in relation to how long the song itself is:

*whistling*

Blurry:

Like a railroad
Journey.

You get
Down
Some.

You need
The music
That
It brings.

You've got:

Someone
In your head.

Another
In your business.

Several
In your open arms.

Sometime.

Some time.

*whistling*

Maybe:

You'll pin
Nothin' else
On me.

I get
Down
Sometimes

And I
Am
Perforated
Plenty.

It's you
On the train.

You don't know
Where

You're
Headin' to.

Or even
Where

You've
Started
Out from.

*whistling*

(vocalizing)

And no one
Ever talks
To me
Like you do.

I don't like
What you say.

But at least
It's true.

Edit: The song is officially called "Blurry"

Last edited by Spamlet; 03-02-2007 at 08:02 AM.
Spamlet is offline   Reply With Quote