View Single Post
Old 10-30-2003, 12:07 AM   #50
RedPerspective
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohawk

Red House painters are great..... I recently bought a copy of Songs for a blue guitar and I really love their music.....

That's actually one of their "happiest" albums... also the most electric as well. For sadder fare I would recommend "Ocean Beach" (which features "Drop") or"Retrospective" (2 CDs of greatest hits and rarities, including the saddest version of a KISS song ever..).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohawk
It's a bit sad, but in a way also kinda experimental... Anyway, it fits really good at those dark and lonely autumn evenings when no-one seems to be around giving a helping hand... Melancholic it is!

They really really deserve a bigger audience (And I really need them to come and play in Holland soon [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img])

They don't even tour America much. I did see 'em last time around,good live but not as good as the albums.. the mood got lost a bit. (As opposed to folks like PattyGriffin, Ryan Adams, or Damo... every bit as intense live and then some.) RHP is basically Mark Kozelek and whoever he brings along, so you might look for his name or his new band, Sun Kil Moon. (It comes out in the U.S. on Tuesday.) Who knows, he might tour abroad soon.

Oh yeah, FYI, I stole my band name (Red Perspective) from them. Sorry Mark.

www.RedPerspective.com
RedPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote