View Single Post
Old 06-04-2007, 06:36 PM   #38
Valentino
Eskimo Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachC
ok i do have somewhat of an idea ... what if we raised money for different sections ... like eastern us , midwest, eastern .. or something like that ... or do one for the whole us and whole europe ... because its somewhat cheap to travel around in the us ... and somewhat cheap to travel europe ... so why not have two seperate shows one for us and one for europe ... ?? just thinking outside the box really
I was actually thinking about the same thing last night. Great idea, but what if we were to have a live stream...is there a certain amount of people maximum allowed viewing? For example, you know how at clubs theres always a sign describing the maximum occupancy...does the same work for internet servers? I agree that a live stream is our best hope but is anyone out really computer savvy and able to answer this?

And look, there's no one here trying to be elitist. At the end of the day you're either in or you're not. It's your choice and the people that are instrumental in making this happen by contributing, event planning, and whatever else needs to be done are of course the only ones who should reap the benefits. This isn't elitist, it's just fair.

By the way, the only way this could be pulled off for free would be if Damien (no pressure buddy) decides to do it for free or if we get some major corporations involved. These people are always hungry for advertising and with my connections I could very well arrange this. However, I would really hate to have these money-bags taking over the thing by posting banners and pop-ups all over the place. We could always do a little image thing in which we get some local businesses to contribute and then list their name and logo at the beginning and end of the concert. Kinda like "The first ever Eskimo-palooza was made possible by the hard-working people at ____ _____ _____ etc." And yes, Eskimo-palooza is more of a space filler and definitely not an actual title.

Oh and one last thing. In regards to the cost of traveling or even the cost of contributing your own cash to make this happen, don't ever think "I can't afford this." Instead, think to yourself "How can I afford this?" You see, when you say the first quote, you're immediately turning off any creativity and therefore your plans cease to exist. The second quote actually triggers your brain to think of creative ways to produce results and this is by far a much better state of mind. Let's all work together on this, atleast we'll know we tried. Anyone wanna talk to the site admin?

Last edited by Valentino; 06-04-2007 at 06:39 PM.
Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote