View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007, 08:24 AM   #60
Valentino
Eskimo Enthusiast

1) What good is a live feed? How is that any different than watching Damien on youtube or any other concert stream like KCRW and Coachella?

Let's see...how about the fact that unlike Coachella or KCRW, we'll actually be able to submit our own interview questions and song requests. And yes, not all questions or requests are subject to be carried out completely but the fact that we are organizing this event and that our voice will be heard is what matters here. Think about it, wouldn't it be cool to know that the question he's answering is the one YOU submitted?

2) Damien and any other artist is not a juke box to play songs at people request and on demand. I mean this quite seriously, when Damien performs he performs what he wants to do and that makes it special. He'll take audience suggestions I know, but just thinking that he'll play his rare song selections at our request is a bit presumptuous. He is an artist, not a record player.

We already know this bro. But once again the main point is that by reading our requests perhaps Damien will think twice about playing a certain rare song *cough *cough *What do you Know about Love?* Yes, this is highly unlikely but there's no reason to not try.

3) I can't say what the cost will be, but can people on this site really believe that they'd send money to just 1 Eskimo and feel completely safe with them handling thousands of collective Eskimo dollars? You can't make an offer to book an artist without having the money for it. You can't have the money for it with having everyone send it to one person to manage it and count it.

I mentioned in an earlier post that we should conduct our business with PayPal since they're so highly reputable and trusted by millions world-wide. At this moment, the only person I think should be in charge of all the funds is the site admin. But this is purely his decision and there's no pressure to comply.

4) The amount it would cost each Eskimo to have this project be realistic would be far more than to just buy ebay front row tickets for his next show in their town. (whether that money is spent on plane tickets, travel, booking Damien, and lodging)

Think about it... Say Damien was $30,000 to book (pure guess) + say $20,000 for venue lights and sound (probably an underestimate). That is $50k. Then it would take 1000 "Core group of eskimos" $50 for a ticket plus their other associated cost. Any more than 1000 people is hardly an intimate show anymore, thus defeating the purpose of the show, right?

That's a good point near the end about the whole intimacy factor. But I think at this point it's quite perfectly clear that a live stream is the most practical idea. What can be more intimate than watching Damien in your boxers/panties/lingerie...Lauren comes to mind ...I would still like to be in Damien's presence should this definitely carry out but maybe we can have the option of where some people are actually at the concert while it's being streamed for the rest of the world online? I like that.

5) Everyone is already talking about charities to give this money to....think about what Damien is working towards. Lowering Carbon emissions and fighting global warming. I would imagine he'd want his fans to lower their carbon footprint, so not having 1000+ fans come in on airplanes.

Really, it's a fun idea...but think things through.

We have, and it's still in progress thank you very much. Look pal, my intention was never to disrespect or offend your views, only to look at them from a more optimistic standpoint. The live stream would take care of any of the Global Warming advocates and I'm sure that there is still enough time to properly plan this thing. And to all you bigwigs out there claiming to be in contact with Damien *cough *cough HENDRIK *cough whether it be through a personal relationship or a friend who knows his mailman's pet groomer's sister's ex-lover who owns a dealership that sits on the land belonging to Kobe Bryant's tax attorney (inhale) put your words and connections into action and let's see how well you can play your part. Peace.

Last edited by Valentino; 06-05-2007 at 08:40 AM.
Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote