View Single Post
Old 10-25-2004, 06:56 AM   #5
Gret
Eskimo Baby

Hey

I'm Gret, and this is my first post, as you can probably see. So I'm just a tad intimidated. I was at the gig at the Armadale and I have to agree with the complaint. The main 'yappers' were right behind me and they were really pissing me off as well, a bunch of idiots more interested in downing jugs of beer than listening to good music. I really felt for Damien, especially when he had to stop 'mid-song' at one point to tell them to shut the hell up. I'm more than a little ashamed at my fellow Aussies.

But, even with the crowd problems it was great to see him live. Loved the set, including a great cover of Hallelujah. He played Cannonball fairly early, and The Blower's Daughter in the finale, may explain why more people sung along. Was an interesting touch how hemeshed the cover of Creep into the end of The Blower's Daughter.

Actually I was wanting to ask anyone who reads this something. There was one song that he played that kind of caught my attention. I hadn't heard it off the albums, and after looking through the posted lyrics I haven't been able to find anything, but I didn't recognise if it was a cover or not. Seeing as you guys seem to know your stuff I guess you're the best to ask. I remembered some lyrics, kind of sketchy (after all I've only heard it once):

"Do you brush your teeth before you kiss..."

"Does he drive you wild, or just mildly free..."

"We should really (stop this), before one of us makes accidental babies"

Can anyone help me out with a name or some more details???

Thanks

Gret

Gret is offline   Reply With Quote