Thread: Cologne
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 11:28 PM   #52
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

chrysler - look in the trading section for the LA Orpheum show, is that it my friend is on there (only lisa forgot some of the lyrics..)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slein
all i got out of that is that they're calling him the godfather of melancholy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaking
thank you very much cille and melissa!

well, what to say about the gig? ...i loved it!!! it was really so awesome to finally see him live. he played pretty long versions of the songs and even played "is that it my friend" (great, great song, played that one long too).
very cool was coconut skins with the be my husband change.
sometimes a bit annoying was the yelling of the audience. even in really quiet parts you often heard a "whhhhooooohoooo". so when he played eskimo he sang a bit without the microphone (which was so cool too) and there was definitely no need of a whoohoo...
but it was really great to see the band. when damien said vyvienne will play the next song, she answered: thank you, damien. you are a legend. i guess she is right
hey i'm so glad you enjoyed the gig! i knew you would! it's cool he played is that it my friend, eh? he sang eskimo off mic at the beginning when i saw him in minneapolis before christmas too.. did they have the lights that made it look like snow going around the theater? that was beautiful..

legend

Last edited by SisterMidnight; 03-12-2007 at 11:30 PM.
SisterMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote