View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 07:16 AM   #305
faninor
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario_d View Post
Yes, that's exactly how it works.

It's a way to expand your audience because someone who likes Dave Matthews will listen to the album to hear Dave Matthews, and discover a new artist.
Yes, sometimes that happens and if we were talking about "Music for the Motion Picture ______" I'd agree with you. But these have been charity compilations for causes, and documentaries. Does that have any bearing on why artists would choose to participate? Still just trying to grow their fanbase 100% of the time? Or could they be trying to use their name and get their fans to think about or support a cause that they believe in?

Quote:
Who's complaining? All I said was putting tracks on compilation albums isn't a reason to laud him as a great person.
Sorry, that wasn't accurate. Not a complaint, you brushed it off as self-promotion without really acknowledging or appreciating that there was a new Damien Rice song being released. Complaint or brushing off, it doesn't change my point. When (or if) he releases a new album, there will be some publicity and you can just as easily write the whole thing off as more attention grabbing. That's why I'm curious what you thought of all those songs. Personally I was a little underwhelmed by most of them -- I'm guessing you feel the same way?

Quote:
You'll notice that 3 of the 4 were never released by Damien, just registered. (Face, Tongue, and WLaM). There isn't a lot of money at stake bevause Tongue was never sold, hence not worth a lawsuit.
I'll notice that you didn't answer any of my questions. Do you know any more about it than I do?

Woman Like a Man was released (live versions, still released commercially). Although the others that you mention weren't released, they've certainly been performed a lot and the songwriters would have been owed royalties for that as well. I also noticed that the following songs were recorded with Juniper: Amie, I Remember, Eskimo, Me My Yoke + I, Cross-Eyed Bear. Were these credited appropriately?
faninor is offline   Reply With Quote