Old 05-08-2012, 02:50 PM   #310
mario_d
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielM View Post
Ooh come on mario, T-Lloyd didn't personally attack you
These are the rules Wheels reiterated:
Quote:
If I see anyone insulting anyone I will ban.
Its not my rule, but its what Wheels wants.

Quote:
He shouldn't have quit Juniper because there was a contract? and he should've just went along with the oppression of the producers. Well this is just bull****.... Have you ever been in a band were it just didn't work out? what do you do then. YOU LEAVE. Even if there is a ****ing contract.
Have you ever been in a band where everyone got to do only exactly what they wanted to do? No, because that doesn't exist.

Poor Damien didn't like being told what to do? Welcome to the real world. He entered a contract to make music and perform with the band Juniper, then he bailed on them because he didn't like what they are doing. That is not acceptable behavior. Again, imagine doing that at your own job. Agree to build someone a webpage, then quit because they want you to use the color scheme they selected.

Quote:
He clearly didn't know that the producers asked to change so much before signing it. once again don't ignore these facts.

He signed it, THEN he didn't like the commercial direction anymore. while the other band members did. fine then you leave! that's the most human thing to do! They disagreed he shouldn't have played ball because then he would write stuff he didn't feel is true.
Yes, because its such a rare occurrence that a band signs a record contract and is then asked to make their sound more mainstream. You're making him out to be an idiot. He knew exactly what he was getting into, but wanted to cash the check.

Quote:
He didn't credit bellx1?
After looking around it's quite clear he wrote the songs... so why credit them? I just remembered the Volcano '97 demo. isn't that enough proof HE wrote it?
I don't know what you think "writing a song" means, but its more than just lyrics and chord progressions. He performed the song with Juniper and it continued to grow and fill out. Unless he told all of them exactly how to play their instruments, they had input on the development of the song. Also, you don't acknowledge that there's a keyboard on that demo in addition to the guitar.
mario_d is offline   Reply With Quote