View Single Post
Old 04-08-2015, 01:33 AM   #71
Beat Surrender
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspirationDestination View Post
I'm not a concert screamer, but sometimes I whisper song titles loudly hoping he will hear. The loudest I have ever been was at the 2nd Box show (after my 3-day Damien high). I can hear myself and cringe at the thought of being so bold.

Quiet conversations over any beverage, preferably alcoholic, are more my speed. Couldn't even talk to or hug Damien and Glen after the Beacon because there were too many people around. Just quirky and private.
Makes sense, it is highly highly frustrating to have all those interesting (to us, anyway) thoughts in one's head and have only a few minutes of their time that has to be divided between 10-30 other people. The most ironic part is, I'm guessing people like Damien and Glen love all of their fans, but they'd probably rather have those quiet long conversations than just all of us yelling at once how much we love them and how they've changed/saved our lives. Not taking away anything from those comments - what artist doesn't want to hear they've made a difference to their fans? But I once had a rare chance to say something to another artist that means a lot to me and has a zillion fans who say he saved their lives. When I had my brief opportunity, I said something that mattered to me, one of these observations about him and it stopped him in his tracks. 2 yrs later I got to see him again, and the first thing he said was "That meant so much to me". It is an incredible gift to know that you said something meaningful to someone who is constantly told how meaningful he is.

Those observations, and questions, and philosophical "push backs"... those are amazing, and actually really rare from fans because fans usually won't go there. But I've had nothing but good experiences from going there, the times I've been able to.

I don't know you, but somehow I'm guessing Damien would appreciate even just a little of your thoughts if you shared. Hard to do on the sidewalk at 1:00am after a gig I know, but think about it... you never know when you might have that chance again.