View Single Post
Old 09-28-2014, 10:44 PM   #14
Gatsby
Eskimo Regular

Chatted to a few times over the years, but my favourite one was standing behind him in a shop (Centre on Camden St.), whilst he bought a lighter, then he specifically asked the person behind the counter for a yellow one. So i made a comment about yellow lighters and the myth of them being unlucky. He laughed and said thats exactly the reason he wanted it. I presumed he was going to see a gig i was going to so asked him (Shane was playing in Whelans with a Tom waits tribute band). Ended up standing inbetween him and Lisa (unknowingly), as he came in hooded up and stood beside me, me beside Lisa. So i stood back and waved them together and they both smiled.

Didn't bother to talk to them after that, but it was a really nice moment in the sense that they had no idea i was a big fan of their music. I didn't need to tell them, just enjoyed the moments of not being a "fan".

Not sure that could ever happen again though haha.

https://www.twitch.tv/simonjmusic
Gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote