View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 06:53 PM   #42
LaurenM
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca11um
I'm obsessed with his pedals and effects - What makes a truly great show for me is how much he uses his distorsion mic and wah/sweep pedals. My favourite shows are from around early 2006 in Australia. I remember specifically he played Insane at Melbourne on the 23rd February 2006 and used the distorsion mic all the way through and used the pedals more than ever. It was heaven! The bits of a show i look forward to most would be things like:

- The wah wah guitar ending to volcano, just before he speaks "you do not need me"

- The screaming at the end of Yoke

- Everything about the songs Face and Tongue (These 2 songs showcase what im trying to get at perfectly)

- The wah wah effect that used to be used so well back in 2004 in WLAM

- The end of I remember where he uses 2 pedals at once - thats class!

Just songs that involve a bit of crunch/distorsion/wah-wah in general.

My favourite part of his show is still the cello/piano ending to accidental babies, but i'm so into damien because of the effects he uses and the way in which he uses them so unashamedly. Ah, maybe this has comes from years of loving Muse! But i do take your point, i think his pedal work is a bit like marmite!
i love those effects as well! magical, gives the music a very orgasmic feel I just dont like SO MUCH effects throughout the entire show to the point where it seems like "O" on speed haha
LaurenM is offline   Reply With Quote