View Single Post
Old 11-25-2014, 06:29 AM   #3
InspirationDestination
Eskimo Regular

Default Ridiculous review compounded by wine and exhaustion.

So lucky to be able to get into show! The usual setlist, but with back to her man. He did the cheers darlin' thing sitting at an actual bar set-up for his theatrics. The bartender was pretty neat. He played a Lisa instrument-the horn with the little keyboard, at the end of cheers darlin'.

Damien was in an odd mood. No talking. He wanted the lights off, which is odd considering they were trying to film the thing. He stopped playing and they had to come with a ladder to turn off a bright spotlight. And, he did trusty and true, kneeling and unmiked, which might also make recording hard. I don't think the crowd was filled with die-hard fans, so the vibe was off. They certainly appreciated his talent, but it's not the same as a crowd of fans. Also, I think Joel Shearer was there. I'm about 95% sure it was him. He didn't play though. In fact he was trying hard to watch Damien's "acting" during cheers darlin'.

We were driving home and just happened to see his hat as we pulled down the street! We pulled over and he was kind enough to step out of his car. He recognized Liz (she happens to be beautiful!) and acknowledged it was odd in there.

Seriously love almost every Eskimo I've met at the ny shows and I tend to be very much in my own head in public places. It has been such a fantastic November. I might be cured of my damien obsession, so I'll have to find another clever lyricist to follow. I will always be grateful for meeting such fantastic people! Thanks for making the nites extra special!! Maybe awful drunk Damien karoake pre-gaming might be needed before the beacon show!

Hoping the next album is revolutionary. I cannot attend multiple shows in April filled with the same old setlist again.

Last edited by InspirationDestination; 11-27-2014 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Way too much self-disclosure. Going back into my shell again.
InspirationDestination is offline   Reply With Quote