Thread: Üdv!
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2007, 12:35 PM   #46
dmbit
Eskimo Regular

Uhmmm... not sure about the last verse, but it almost sounds like Woman Like A Man...

Sissy... LOL! Believe me I am italian!

Actually I've had a (really wonderful) hungarian girlfriend a couple of years ago, but for a very short time... I just learned how to say magyar and very few other phrases (something like: "See you my dear friend" and "How are you?", but I never really learned how to pronounce correctly this last one)

Nevertheless, I still don't understand anything of what Rai writes!
Instead, this is how I work: I just try to guess looking at how many words he uses and trying to find some resemblances between his words and other languages or the Damien lyrics... for example, the short sentences made me think to "Woman like a man" at once. But that was just a visual impression.
Looking at the words, "Edd" sounded almost like "Eat" to me, so that could be a possible confirm. More in the original lyrics, there is a verse with some repetitive elements (You lost me/you cost me/You thought me of me) and, even if that's quite different, the lines

Elvesztettél
Eladtál
Rólam rám gondoltál, igen

seemed to have some sort of repetitiveness too... so, I just can't think to anything but Woman like a man at the moment... but that's just my guess... I may be totally wrong!

Don't lose the dreams inside your head
dmbit is offline   Reply With Quote