View Single Post
Old 11-23-2006, 11:05 AM   #11
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

Astonishing news! He practically debuts in the top 20 without any visible support aside from word of mouth.

I agree that 3 minutes on Leno and 3 on Conan does not count for real TV airplay. Clearly, in this case however they did quite the trick in converting watchers into buyers. Same with MBE for not being significant radio play because the folks who listen to that show mostly already know and love Damo. I think what we're finding is that the internet and YouTube in particular is having an amazing effect here.

Essentially, outside of his bigger fans nobody really knew this record was coming out until right before it actually did. Even when and a few days after, I had to tell all the people who I turned on to him over the years personally that album two existed. perhaps it's the Calgon approach and many of our fellow Yanks heard from acquaintances across the pond. I mean there's just been almost no publicity about it and the single/video won't hit America 'til at the very earliest next week. I'd guarantee you though that this "Grey's Anatomy" appearance will push us right through into the top twenty.