View Single Post
Old 10-20-2014, 04:38 PM   #15
tessalasset
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandarific View Post

My general rule for concerts is no more than $20 for a band I sort-of like, up to $30 for someone I really like, and up to like $60 for the gold tier or whatever, which I guess would be you know, damo, glen, lisa, etc. I've never had a reason to pay more than $60/ticket (that's before fees) but if the right show came up, I probably would.

It's funny.. I remember about eight years ago having this conversation with my friend and saying generally the same thing. I'd pay $15-$20 for a band I like a decent amount, $30-$40 for someone I really like, and $50-$60 for someone I really love. I remember spending $80 per ticket to see Damien Rice at the Greek in 2007 and that was like...the most I had ever spent on a ticket up to that point. Live music ticket prices have inflated so dramatically since then, thanks to the deep repercussions of the fall of the major labels, that almost every show I go to now starts around $45, and I usually have to pay $60-$70 for someone I really like. The "love" artists are anywhere from $80-$100 easily.
tessalasset is offline   Reply With Quote