View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 11:35 PM   #76
Amie R.
Eskimo Regular

Very interesting email I got tonight ;-) I was actually really concerned about not getting to know where the venue in time to find out how to get there,but it seems all my problems are solved!! Lovely...

Quote:
"Hello there ... this is Kari the promoter for the Damien Rice open recording sessions in Iceland.

Pls. read all the way through and respond accordingly after reading.

You are getting this email as you are one of those traveling from abroad for the open recording sessions with Damien Rice in Iceland.

The location of the sessions will be revealed via text messages to ticket holders on the day of the sessions.

As you are propably not that familiar with the great Reykjavik area and might have roaming problems with your phones then we will do it like this with you guys to be on the safe side:

A taxi will take you all together to the location.

You need to gather at Skifan Record store on Laugavegur 26 to make the taxi who takes off on the times below.

You will pay the taxi driver so pls. have cash available. The trip one way will be 5.000 ISK.

Wednesday Nov 4:

Takeoff at 16:40 for the session starting at 18:00

Takeoff at 20:50 for the session starting at 22:00

Thursday Nov 5:

Takeoff at 16:40 for the session starting at 18:00

Takeoff at 20:50 for the session starting at 22:00

The taxi driver will know how many will be going on each trip so he want leave without doing a propper headcount.

The venue requires you to sit on a concrete floor so dress accordingly and if you have a small pillow or cushon bring it with you.

Pls. remember that all phones, handhelds, cameras, recording devices etc. will not be allowed.

Pls. respond to me that you have recevied this email as this arrangement will be the only way for you to get to the location!"
Broken doll,I have packed already!! Here in Oslo is even colder...so I will be fine ;-) Hope to see you there then!