View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 11:39 AM   #62
glo32
Eskimo Regular

I don't think he ever "promised" anything...?
One thing is if he tours saying "the album is out in June" and then no album gets released at all, or if he announces the album on his website and then changes his plans.

But he never promised anything. He only replied to questions in those interviews. If someone asks him where his album is out, he replies "I don't know, everyone keeps asking, but for now I'm just working with a bunch of friends, recordign here and there"...
He never said "the album will be out in 2011" or things like that.

In the hotpress interview, he also said he wanted to tour Europe by boat. Do we really expect a boat tour? No. That's because if he wants to do something, it's not 100% sure it's going to happen. And not because it's Damien Rice. I wanted to join a gym last year but never did.

Ok, we have been told stuff like "Damien will do four special recording sessions in Iceland", but does that mean he's going to release a new album?
He did the Barcelona thing, ok, but what does it mean?

He did all those things to have more options, I think. He recorded with Steve Lillywhite and a bunch of other people. Now he probably has 40 songs recorded or to finish. But he didn't promise us he's going to release anything.
We only know he's working on that stuff, so we know he's not quitting music (yet). So a new album will probably be out at some point. But he doesn't "owe" us anything.
glo32 is offline   Reply With Quote