View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 02:27 PM   #63
mario_d
Eskimo Regular

He never promised anything??? Did you not read the links I posted?

These are Damien's words:

Quote:
Tickets for Iceland recording sessions go on sale October 2
Tickets for Damien's four recording sessions in Iceland go on sale this Friday...
That was two and a half years ago. The show's happened and were recorded. Nothing has been released.

This has always been a problem of Damien's. Almost a decade ago he asked for fans to send him their personal memorabilia for inclusion in an upcoming DVD release. I suppose that'll be any day now.

Again, if he doesn't want to release an album, that's fine. But once he chose to drum up publicity by announcing that he's recording new albums and such, then he owes it to us to announce that the 10 Days to Barcelona recordings aren't going to be released. And the Reykjavík recordings aren't going to be released. And the Lillywhite recordings aren't going to be released. et al

This announcing things and then never commenting on them again is disrespectful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glo32 View Post
I don't think he ever "promised" anything...?
One thing is if he tours saying "the album is out in June" and then no album gets released at all, or if he announces the album on his website and then changes his plans.

So like when he hands out a flyer that says "New Album Spring 2012" and then immediately denies that he has a new album and doesn't release anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lin@ View Post
Well that's basically what he's been doing for the last couple of years, hasn't he? But many people don't like that either, because they feel they have the "right" to know if there will or won't be another album. You just can't please everybody in his situation. And maybe that's why he doesn't even seem to try.
No, that's not what he's been doing. He's been talking about writing a song a day and then posting them on youtube. He announced not that he was playing shows in Iceland, but that he was RECORDING the shows in Iceland. He has gone out of his way to say he was making a new album, then feigns innocence "everyone else is asking for it, I don't know"... when he's behind the hype himself.

Last edited by mario_d; 02-27-2012 at 02:37 PM.
mario_d is offline   Reply With Quote