View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 08:53 PM   #66
mario_d
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiohead33 View Post
damien could come out tomorrow and announce a new album released in a few months. that still wouldnt mean anything.

as ive pointed out, you need to read the paper more if you think what damien does is unique. Artists of all kinds, but many times in music, come out and say the albums due out this year and it never comes out. or it comes out years later. Happens all the time.

You are making it sound like once an artist decides on a release date of an album, or in this case, makes vague statements about when an album will be out, "new album will be out in the spring, or next fall", that this automatically means come hell or high water an album will be released at that time and no delays will happen.

You have no idea why there have been "delays" in making album 3. No clue.

Ever heard of Lil Wayne, or Jay Electronica? People promise new material all the time, and things come up, or the label dislikes the music, or the artist dislikes the music, or writers block sets in, or the artist decides to follow another muse etc...

until the label has the album in their hands i wouldnt put much stock in any date or vague statement by anyone. The label is the most important people in the release date scheme. Its financially hurtful to them to make statements like "an album is coming may 25" and then not deliver on that promise. the artist themselves can waffle and change their minds. labels dont waffle as much.
I don't know why you can't comprehend this simple point:

Once you announce you are going to do something, then you owe it to your audience to either do it or announce when you cancel it.

Its a zero sum game. Either announce it and do it, announce it and cancel it, or don't say anything about it ever.

Announcing it and then just pretending it never happened, going in magazines and saying "people keep asking for this album but I'll do it when it's ready" (people are asking for the album because you said you wrote it four years ago and posted the youtube clips to prove it!) is disingenuous and disrespectful.

He's fanning the flames and then complaining about the fire.

Last edited by mario_d; 02-27-2012 at 08:56 PM.
mario_d is offline   Reply With Quote