View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 02:08 PM   #87
mario_d
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiohead33 View Post
no one here knows exactly what damien is really like, but id be shocked if he is someone who courts fame and money and status.
Which is why he dated Renee Zellwigger?

Which is why three years ago he went to Hot Press to spill the beans on his not-so-secret relationship with Lisa? http://www.hotpress.com/archive/6125747.html

That was blatant attention whoring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiohead33 View Post
i dont get the sense he wrote 0 or 9 to buy a corvette or bmw. or that he lies awake at night worrying what we as fans think. sure all artists want to be heard, but its a delusion of magnificent proportions to suggest that damien owes us music, or an album or a tour, or anything at all. thats just flat out not the role he plays, nor is it the role any artist in history has played, or at least artists i respect. My guess is Delicate, or Rootless Tree, The animals were gone, came from pure, honest places, and they didnt come out of this idea on this board that seem to think they came from, namely that damien wrote them to satisfy his audience and fans. Thats just such a fundamental misunderstanding of the creative process and the role any art plays in society and to the artist themselves.
Do you think he tripped and hit record while playing those songs? Then misplaced them at a record company's front door? And they illegally sold it for him?

He wrote them for whatever reason he wrote them. He recorded them, sold them to a record label, hired a band, booked gigs, and showed up at those shows in order to get rich and famous.

He owes us an album or an explanation why all the albums he's promised us haven't come to fruition.
mario_d is offline   Reply With Quote