Thread: Boston 5/22
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 01:54 PM   #40
jbpats
Eskimo Friend

Alright now I have time to review this show.
First let me say the audience was rude, but that seems to be the new trend for all Boston shows. One person who stuck out in my mind was this girl sitting behind me who yelled "play creep" after every song. Listen if you want to hear creep go see Radiohead next time not Damien Rice. I don't even want to get started how that same girl was acting during cheers darlin'.
Regardless of all that here is my interpretation of the show. I want to say it was not as good as last Decembers show mainly because Lisa wasn't there. However, if i never saw a Damien Rice show with Lisa then this show would probably have been the best concert I have ever seen. I also enjoyed the Song selection more during the last go around. A lot of people are saying they are happy he didnt extend and "jam out" his songs as much. I personally enjoy it more when he does that so to each his own.
I was very close this show, second row, so it is much harder to enjoy the lights but I am sure they were incredible as always I especially loved the candles placed all over the stage. Damiens voice was amazing and the acoustics were incredible.
The best song of the night for me was "is that it my friend" I have never heard that song before and it touched me deeply. Also 9 crimes had so much emotion, at times i thought Damien wanted to punch thru those keys on his piano. Accidental babies gave me chills up and down my spine along with older chests. I think it would be interesting if Damien did a show just on the Piano, lately I have been enjoying those renditions of his songs more then the guitar versions.
On a different note during Coconut skins they did a percussion break down. If anybody watched vyv during this it was easy to see that might have been the first time she ever picked up drum sticks. I thought that was funny.
Like i said before i thought the show was short only about an hour and a half. But If damien played for 5 hours i would think that was too short as well.
Overall a fantastic show, I still have goosebumps just thinking about it. I have pictures but i need to upload them still but i will be sure to share. Dave can't wait to hear another beautiful recording. I walked outside the opera house this morning hoping the busses would still be there but they are gone. I guess We will just have to wait again until september. Thank you Damien and the band for making me mesmerized once again..

Oh an Cory excellent pictures!
jbpats is offline   Reply With Quote