Thread: Boston 5/22
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 04:19 PM   #53
dragonflies76
Eskimo Baby

Default A newbie's view

Hola! Being a Damien newbie (and a ray fan) like jpbats, I have to agree 100% with his assessment of last night's show. Please be gentle on me when I say it was sad for me to hear Lisa's voice in my head during Volcano and 9Crimes, and not see her beautiful countenance on stage. The last Boston show at the Orpheum was my first taste of DR and was totally captivated by the band. Lisa was a major part of why I eagerly awaited last night's show. Fast forward....we all know what happened next. I am grateful that I got to see her play with DR at least once, but it definitely had an effect on my enjoyment of last night's show.

That being said (someone had to do it it was still an incredible performance! It was my first time hearing Dogs ("my only happy song") and loved it! I also love how he changed up most of the songs. It seemed like he was exorcising a few demons. Very angry set! Don't know why the show was so short...I thought since there was no opener, he would choose to do two sets with an intermission. That would be my idea of heaven....starting with an acoustic set and then plugging in for the second half. Has he ever done that? My favorite was "Cheers Darlin" although (because of the rude crowd?) we didn't get the story. Priceless! Has Damien done any acting? Because he nailed the bitter drunk guy! And on the first glass of wine!

All in all, a stunning performance and I eagerly await Daveydave's tapes. (Your crispy Orpheum show "got me in the mood" all week, so Thank You!) and Corey, amazing, amazing photos, man. Please upload the lot somewhere so we DRaholics can get our fix! Cheers!
dragonflies76 is offline   Reply With Quote