View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 02:36 AM   #12
verenita
... trusty and true ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Musicians should stay away from politics and stick to what they are good at.
Quote:
When I was invited to write some words on what’s wrong with politics in Ireland and how we might fix it, I thought that it was a bit like asking a baker to diagnose the engine problem of a car. I’m a musician, I thought, what do I know about politics? Yet it didn’t stop my mind producing the predictable splurge of personal opinions on the matter.

When I asked a few others their opinions, I was reminded that humans think very differently. So how does one choose? What’s the right answer? Is there a “right” answer to the politics question? How does one filter through the plethora of proposals and come up with one that pleases everyone? Everyone’s answer is right for someone, but no one is right for everyone.
as it´s said in the article, he was asked to share his own perspective on the matter, so he did. i don´t think he was trying to "play" the politician... not even the musician politically aware. i believe he took the challenge to let his mind free as a human being, who is, in this particular case, an irish citizen... speaking of politics in ireland:
Quote:
We debate, disagree, fight and go to war if we’re mad enough.

Last edited by verenita; 03-18-2010 at 02:22 AM.
verenita is offline   Reply With Quote