View Single Post
Old 07-16-2006, 11:02 PM   #1
eskimoiowa
eskimoiowa

Default Minneapolis Gig!!!

So I can't go to my first Damien show and not talk about it!

First of all, the only thing I didn't like about the show is when he ended. I was sad to see him finish. I had great seats in the pit I got at the last minute after my other tickets fell through. We couldn't have been more than 10 feet away from him. When he asked for a coin so he could flip it to decide between old and new, I tossed him a quarter, and though about 5 other people did the same, I choose to believe he used mine!!

On to the actual performance... Amazing, I had chills and as corny as it sounds, I held back tears. As far as songs, I have Accidental Babies, but I guess I just never gave it enough time because when he sang it, I thought it was incredible, emotional, beautiful and now I've been listening to it non-stop.

I could go and go and go but I want others who attended the show to tell me their thoughts about it. As far as Fiona, I admit I didn't go for her although I do think she is a great singer. I wasn't thrilled with her and she seemed angry and almost violently ill, but maybe that's just her thing. I don't know that I'd see her without Damien. I SO wished he was the headliner.

I also found interesting the difference between people's thoughts on the show. Some bored with Damien, some Fiona. But where I was sitting, more people seemed to be there for him, because we had several empty seats around us....BRILLIANT, INCREDIBLE... UGH!! i WANT MORE!!
OK SO WHAT DID EVERYONE ELSE THINK???????