Thread: Cap Roig review
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2018, 09:51 PM   #4
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

after that someone requested I don't wanna change you, which was just ok, actually besides Stoic the rest of requests were kinda meh
Then he explained it was his 1st proper nonfestival gig in Spain and that was actually why he did Cheers Darlin in the old style with the old story and the wine and the table and bringing a girl from the audience. Was pretty funny I admit and he was so drunk by the end of the song that for a sec I think he forgot how the story ended and I thought he was not gonna be able to finish. It was a very very long story and then he did the classic ipod version. When requesting the person he asked for 5 characteristics 1 female 2 likes wine 3 has boyfriend 4 des not have to drive afterwards 5 will not vomit

The wine really got to him, cos he did Accidental babies on piano and it was great but he really struggled and was stuck at some point and he said 'it's the wine' but he eventually finished.

after that he said that the official show was over and now was all extra. Think he wanted to play more but some ass went and requested The blowers daughter and he obliged and ended the main set instead. But at least it was a great version with a bit of Creep at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuf2QDE3Y10&t=8s

I feared the show might be over but he came back on stage once more and did an amazing version of Amie, segued into Sex Change and then into Eskimo to finish an amazing gig with Damo at his best. (2h 30 min show)

After the show we waited outside and he came out around 2 o'clock and even if he was tired he sang us The Box before leaving.

In short, an amazing gig

Last edited by borneoman; 07-31-2018 at 07:28 AM.
borneoman is offline   Reply With Quote