View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 04:24 AM   #57
cheguevara6
Eskimo Friend

All I am saying is that to suggest that the blog poster is some crazy fanatic or stalker is absurb. They posted that they met lisa. I saw the blog and I mentioned it in a few threads. Then the starter of this thread posted it on this board in its entirety which is valid and fair.

I just dont understand why their is such resistance to the blog post. Read some reviews of shows. People all the time on this board say they met damien, and some pass on to us info about what damien said. Several people here posted that they met damien in one of the most recent shows and they talked about what damien said. A few of these posters had pictures of them and damien, but a few didnt. Yet I never remember anyone in those threads calling the posters liars or saying that damien never said that.

To suggest the obvious isnt wrong, its right.

People dont just leave bands 30 minutes before the show, and decide spur of the moment, "I am going to quit the band". Lisa didnt do that. As I said before, if she wanted to quit and go solo, fine, thats her perogative, but to suggest that she decided this after attending soundcheck is absurd. She shouldnt have even attended soundcheck if that was the case. If you are a basketball player in the NBA, and you want to quit and play in CBA or ABA or whatever, do you attend a pregame warmup, and then quit 30 minutes before a game on game day?

And plus, if Lisa quit to go solo and it was her choice why wouldnt the decision be mutual and friendly? Why wouldnt she just say "damien, and vyvienne, and tomo etc...: I decided to quit to go solo". Why would band members be reluctant to talk about this so called mutual decisions at the gigs? Why would Vyvienne not want to talk about lisa "quitting" when a fan asked her about it.

To believe the official statement is to believe that lisa quit and that it was a cordial goodbye. Yet band members refusing to address it is odd, and Damien's behavior at shows, when he says "we all have personal lives and although I wish I could be open with you all, I cant be open and I want to remain private" thats a paraphrase of something he told the audience the other day when someone asked "where's lisa". Let me ask, Does anyone think he would say that if they both cordially and mutually and friendly like agreed she should go solo. No, HELL NO! You say that if she was fired.

The official statment is laughable, and it says the obvious "damien decided". It doesnt say "lisa quit to go solo". It doesnt say that. It says "damien decided". How can the decision be agreeable and mutual if its damien who decided she should be out of the band.

All I know is that the decision is clear. He kicked her out. People can act like something else happened but your only kidding yourselves.

Damien has always seemed very cordial and kind to lisa. Which makes his recent behavior and the statement all the more suspect.

And the question remains, if Lisa went and quit the band to go solo, why wouldnt damien just say that. Why not say, "Damien and Lisa decided she should work on her solo career".

Why not adress the crowd and simply say "hey lisa quit, she went to go solo".

When Damien said to the band at a recent gig "I dont know where lisa is", and he went looking around for her, and people in the audience said the band members looked rather uncomfortable, you honestly believe the band members would act that way if she and damien didnt have some kind of blow up and she was kicked out. Why act sheepish and embarassed if she quit and went solo? Whats the shame in that. The shame is that she was kicked out and the band members felt embarassed Damien was acting so nonchalant about it.

Why didnt Vyvienne talk about where lisa was at a recent gig? Why didnt she just respond "Lisa quit to go solo"?

Lisa was kicked out. End of story. I love how people on this board act like Damien does no wrong. He is a fantastic musician and lyricist, his music is great, but come on, he's not god. He makes mistakes, and his most recent is kicking out lisa. The songs arent the same without her. Plain and simple.

I dont like lies personally. And to act like this decision was some warm decision where lisa said to damien "I am quitting to go solo, but we should still remain friends" thats absurd and childish thinking. The decision wasnt like that.

At the very least the bands behavior since suggests something suspisous. Whats the harm in Vyvienne or Damien telling us the decision was friendly and mutual?